Award Winning Specialty Coffee
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $30
Our cafes are on pause until it's safe to play again.
Scrolling Text Heading #4
We are so pleased to announce that we've been awarded a 2018 Good Food Award for our organic Limu Dabessa from the Oromia region of Ethiopia.
The Good Food Awards were "created to redefine ‘good food’ as being tasty, authentic and responsible. [They] aim to set criteria for entry that are realistic and inclusive of food and drink producers who have demonstrated a commitment to be part of building a tasty, authentic and responsible food system, going far above and beyond the status quo for their industry, while not making them so strict that eligible participants are limited to a small handful of products."
The exceedingly high standards for quality, taste, and sustainability led us to choose the organic Limu Dabessa from Yidnekachew Dabessa Coffee Plantation (YDCP) for evaluation by Good Food Awards.
The owner of YDCP, Yiknekachew Dabessa, is a dedicated and experienced Ethiopian coffee farmer and entrepreneur, born in the same locality as his farm. He transformed his small farm to a large-scale coffee farm in 2008.
YDCP's mission is to achieve the highest standard of quality in specialty coffee while prioritizing four areas of sustainability: product, economic, social, and environmental.
Dabessa is committed to using the latest coffee production techniques and technologies to bring the highest quality specialty coffee to market.
YDCP balances value to the customer with fair employee compensation and rewards for achievement.
YDCP is a leader in its region, working to empower small farmers through employment, market information, experiential exchange, and technology transfer.
YDCP always factors in environmental conservation and protection while planning ways to increase production and productivity.
YDCP currently employees 35 permanent employees and 95 seasonal employees.
• Food is delicious, bringing joy to those who consume it.
• No artificial ingredients are used.
• Food is an expression of tradition and culture.
• Seasonality and locality are valued in crafting of food.
• Respect and fair compensation are core values within the production chain.
• Ingredients are grown without synthetic fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, and fungicides and are GMO free.
• Growing practices are chosen to promote healthy soil and biodiversity.
• Local ingredients are utilized wherever possible.
• Water and resource conservation and recycling are practiced.
• Transparency and honesty is practiced with consumers.
• Direct, face-to-face communication is sought out between growers, food crafters and everyone else in the production chain.
• Good animal husbandry is practiced and farm animals can eat and behave according to their natural instincts.