Award Winning Specialty Coffee
OUR COVID SAFETY & PREPAREDNESS PLAN
Mudhouse Covid-19 Procedures and Policies For a Safe Work Environment
Following CDC & Blue Ridge Health Department, and Industry Guidelines *
June 2020 re-opening prerequisites:
- ServSafe Food Handler Online Course and Exam
- Signed acknowledgement of this form
- Read and review attached accompanying documentation and best practice charts.
- Mudhouse supplied masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and dispensers, cleaning chemicals/tools, Infrared Touch-less Thermometer.
- Employee supplied masks can be used upon approval (type, meets safety requirements)
- Contactless POS, Mobile Ordering
- Limited menu (and no physical menus)
- Only Pre-Packaged Food (Cookies in plastic bags, etc)
- To-go-only cups, no outside cups
- Sneeze Guard (Plexi-glass) at Pickup Area
- Signage to Guide Customers (social distancing, etc)
- Signage to convey health and safety steps we are taking to protect staff & customers
Cleaning & Prevention
- Strict handwashing practices that include how and when to wash hands
- Strong procedures and practices to clean and sanitize surface
- Reusable cloth masks washed daily after each use (soap & very hot water)
- Door(s) open for fresh air circulation (weather permitting)
- Clean/Dirty Signs on table to indicate a sanitized table is ready or not ready for use
- Regularly sanitized tables & surfaces throughout the store
- In store employee 'zones' to limit employees crossing paths while working.
Health & Sick Policy
- Daily pre-screen with Thermal Temperature Check & logged (100.4°F. Indicates Fever) and recorded in our POS system.
- Prohibiting sick employees in the workplace
- Employees should stay home and not attempt to come in to work if they have a fever and other covid/flu-like symptoms.
- If an employee has a fever, then they must wait 24 hours before returning to work, and they may return with no other covid-like indicators/symptoms.
- 7 Day Quarantine upon onset of covid/flu-like symptoms & testing required with 2 negative results to return.
Positive Covid Case (at work) Scenario:
- Clean and Disinfect
- Close off areas used by a sick person and do not use these areas until after cleaning and disinfecting them.
- Wait at least 24 hours before cleaning and disinfecting. If 24 hours is not feasible, wait as long as possible. Full clean and sanitize of store, then re-open.
- Notify Health Officials and Close Contacts
- In accordance with state and local laws, restaurant and bar operators should notify local health officials and staff immediately of any case of COVID-19 among employees, while maintaining confidentiality in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Advise those who have had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 to stay home and self-monitor for symptoms, and follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop. Critical infrastructure workers may refer to CDC Guidance for Critical Infrastructure Workers, if applicable.
Roaster Specific Protocols
In addition to the enhanced cleaning, sanitizing, and personal hygiene efforts listed above, we have significantly reduced the amount of staff and other persons entering our roasting facility. Only our Head Roaster is present the majority of the time. When deliveries are made/shipped our bay doors are opened for enhanced air circulation. In the event that more than one person is present at the roasting facility all social distancing guidelines are strictly followed. We have also modified how we conduct our quality control tastings so that there is zero contact between any one staff member and another or shared items.
I think or know I had COVID-19, and I had symptoms
You can be with others after
- 3 days with no fever and
- Respiratory symptoms have improved (e.g. cough, shortness of breath) and
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared
I tested positive for COVID-19 but had no symptoms
If you continue to have no symptoms, you can be with others after:
- 10 days have passed since test
For Anyone Who Has Been Around a Person with COVID-19
It is important to remember that anyone who has close contact with someone with COVID-19 should stay home for 10-14 days after exposure based on the time it takes to develop illness.
Free Servsafe Food Handler Link:
* References - CDC and Industry Guidance Links