El Limonar, Huehuetenango, Guatemala
Tasting notes of Apricot, orange, and key lime.
12oz bag whole bean coffee.
- Origin: Guatemala
- Region: huehuetenango
- Farm/Co-op/Farmer: José Bernabé Martinez, Finca El Limonar
- Altitude: 1650m
- Varietal: Caturra, Bourbon
- Processing: Fully Washed
Origin: Huehuetenango, Guatemala
Chemex (The Best Way to Enjoy Our Coffee)
46g Coffee, Coarse Grind
710g Water (205 Degrees F)
Brew Time: 4½ – 5 minutes
- Rinse filter thoroughly with hot water. Pour out rinse water.
- Add Ground coffee to filter, shake gently to even bed of grounds.
- Pour approximately 80 grams of water over the grounds, evenly soaking all grounds. Be careful not to pour directly onto the filter. Allow coffee to sit for approximately 40 seconds.
- After allowing the coffee to degas for 40 seconds, pour additional water gently on top of the grounds until the level of the slurry reaches approximately ⅓ of the way up the cone. Be careful not to pour directly onto the filter.
- Continue adding water to maintain this slurry level until you reach the target brew weight (710 grams). Ideally your coffee will finish brewing between 4:30 and 5:00 minutes.
- Dispose of the filter, swirl the coffee around inside the chemex and serve.
18g coffee, Medium-fine grind
200g water (170-180 Degrees F)
Brew Time: 2 minutes
- Invert Aeropress and preheat with hot water.
- Empty water and add coffee to brew chamber.
- Place Aeropress on scale and tare the scale.
- Start timer and add hot water.
- After all water has been added, stir the slurry (coffee & water mixture) until all grounds fully saturated.
- When timer reaches 1½ minutes, screw on filter chamber and flip over the Aeropress, placing it on top of a coffee mug.
- Gently press down on the plunger until you hear a hiss.
- Remove Aeropress from mug and enjoy!
34g of coffee
567g Water (95–205 Degrees F)
Brew Time: 2-3 minutes
- Start with clean filter and globes.
- Fill bottom globe with pre-heated water and place over heat. Let top globe rest on the bottom globe, but do not fit them together tightly .
- When water in bottom globe begins to boil, firmly fit the top and bottom globes together.
- Once all the water has risen to the top, measure it to be 200F – stir and/or turn down heat to dial in temperature.
- Add freshly ground coffee to the top chamber and stir to fully saturate all grounds. Let steep for 1 ½ minutes.
- After steeping time has passed, remove syphon from heat and stir grounds again.
- Brewing process is done when coffee in bottom globe bubbles.
- Remove top globe by gently rocking it back and forth to break the seal.
- Pour coffee into a decanter and enjoy!
27 g Coffee, Coarse Grind
400g Water (195-205 Degrees F)
Brew Time: 4 minutes
- Preheat french press with hot water.
- Add freshly ground coffee; place french press on scale and tare the scale.
- Start timer and begin adding hot water.
- Completely saturate all grounds with hot water.
- After 1 minute, stir the grounds front to back 4 times.
- Place the lid and plunger on top of french press.
- When the timer is at 4 minutes, gently press down the plunger.
- Decant into your favorite mug and enjoy!
25g Coffee, Coarse Grind
400g Water (195-205 Degrees F)
Brew Time: 3 minutes
- Place filter in V60, preheat filter, V60 and mug by pouring hot water through them.
- Add freshly ground coffee to filter, place everything on scale and tare the scale.
- Start timer and add 50g of water by pouring slowly into the center of the grounds.
- Allow the bloom to degas for 30s before adding more water.
- Continue to pour slowly into the center, keeping a consistent level to the slurry (coffee & water mixture).
- Ideal brew time is 3 minutes. After all water has been poured and filter begins to drip slowly, remove V60 and discard filter.
- Enjoy in your favorite mug!
Finca La Mula Geisha Set: Coffee & Geisha Cascara Tea$75
Central & South America, Coffee Cherry Tea, Geshas / Geishas
The Spectrum Sampler$35
Africa & Yemen, Blends, Central & South America, Gifts, Indo-Pacific
Red Geisha, Finca La Negrita, Colombia$38
Central & South America, Geshas / Geishas
Coffee Blossom Honey from Finca El Apiario$16
Central & South America, Gifts, Merchandise
Pacayal, Marcala, Honduras$18
Central & South America