Learn About Coffee
This area of our site gives you answers to your burning questions.
How should I store my beans?
Store coffee in a glass air tight container, preferably in a cabinet or dark area. Air and moisture are coffee’s kryptonite; they stale the beans and kill the beauty. Don’t kill the beauty.
Chemex (The Best Way to Enjoy Our Coffee)
46g Coffee, Coarse Grind
710g Water (205 Degrees F)
Brew Time: 4½ – 5 minutes
- Rinse filter thoroughly with hot water. Pour out rinse water.
- Add Ground coffee to filter, shake gently to even bed of grounds.
- Pour approximately 80 grams of water over the grounds, evenly soaking all grounds. Be careful not to pour directly onto the filter. Allow coffee to sit for approximately 40 seconds.
- After allowing the coffee to degas for 40 seconds, pour additional water gently on top of the grounds until the level of the slurry reaches approximately ⅓ of the way up the cone. Be careful not to pour directly onto the filter.
- Continue adding water to maintain this slurry level until you reach the target brew weight (710 grams). Ideally your coffee will finish brewing between 4:30 and 5:00 minutes.
- Dispose of the filter, swirl the coffee around inside the chemex and serve.