Award Winning Specialty Coffee
Purchased by the Rodríguez family in 1959, this estate faced challenging beginnings. With no road access and neglected buildings, the farm was only accessible by foot. Undeterred, the family replanted the farm with coffee, and by 1965, a mule road was built, later followed by a paved road in 1979.
Today, Jorge Rodríguez proudly shares his thriving family farm with the world, producing exceptional coffees. Nestled on a plateau at 1560 meters near the Tacaná volcano, Muxbal spans 236 hectares, with 60% dedicated to Catuai and Mondo Novo coffee plant varietals, while the remaining 40% serves as an ecological reserve, preserving rainforests and biodiversity. The farm's commitment to environmental and social responsibility shines through facilities like a kitchen, dining room, and housing for all employees, as well as providing schooling for coffee community children during the high season. Experience the unique flavors born from a remarkable journey and genuine care at Finca Muxbal.
One 10 oz. bag of whole bean Arabica coffee.